ST JAMES UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
5 North Willow Street
Fayetteville AR 72701
St.James Church was founded in 1861 according to the plaque above.
That year the blacks living in Fayetteville requested a pastor be
assigned from the Arkansas and Missouri Methodist Conference. The
following year a minister was assigned to what became St James Methodist
Episcopal Church. The current chapel building was finished in 1884.
Stained glass windows were added in the 1940's.
In recent years a more complete restoration has been carried out under
leadership of Rev. Gary Lunsford.
"A Celebration of Endurance" Fayetteville's St.James United Methodist
Church by Brent E. Riffel Flashback Autumn 2005
To return to Fayetteville Detail Map,click here!
Click here for a map to St James UM Church